The Nature Conservancy is a charitable ecological organization, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. Established in 1951, the Conservancy is the world's leading protection association.The Nature Conservancy sways protection attempts in 69 nations around the globe. We work to protect the creatures, plants and natural societies that represent to the differing qualities of life on Earth—by securing the grounds and waters they have to survive.
We work with neighborhood governments, societies, and accomplice associations in sharing our science-based and society oriented policies to guarantee every region’s needs—for individuals and for nature—are best met.Nature Conservancy is also providing services in AFRICA , AUSTRALIA , ASIA AND PACIFIC ISLANDS , CARIBBEAN , CENTRAL AMERICA , NORTH AMERICA , SOUTH AMERICA and EUROPE.
|Fiscal Year End||Jun 30||Total Revenues||$1.1 B|
|Headquarters||Arlington, Virginia||Government Support||$111 M|
|Private Donations||$596 M||Other Income||$398 M|
|Total Expenses||$749 M||Charitable Services||$530 M|
|Fundraising||$92 M||Surplus/Loss||$356 M|
|Net Assets||$5,762 M||Donor Dependency||40%|
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to control the grounds and waters on which all life depends.
Our vision is a world where the assorted qualities of life flourishes, and individuals act to monitor nature for its own particular purpose and its capacity to satisfy our necessities and improve our lives.
How do we accomplish this mission and vision?
- Through the devoted attempts of our different staff, including more than 600 researchers, every one of whom effect preservation in 69 nations.
- With the assistance of our numerous accomplices, from people and governments to nearby nonprofits and companies.
- By utilizing a non-angry, synergistic approach and staying consistent with our five one of a kind heart qualities.
That is the way The Nature Conservancy has completed more than any other else to propel protection around the globe since our establishing in 1951.
How we use your Donations:
We need you and each individual from general society to know however much as could reasonably be expected about how The Nature Conservancy works and how deliberately and successfully we utilize your donations.Our solid execution is reflected in the way that The Nature Conservancy is very appraised by philanthropy watchdog associations:
- The Nature Conservancy rates as a standout between the most trusted associations in a recent research by Harris Interactive®.
- For four years consecutively (since 2013), the Ethisphere Institute named The Nature Conservancy one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
- The American Institute of Philanthropy has granted The Nature Conservancy an "A-" rating.
- The Nature Conservancy's solid execution is perceived by Charity Navigator as surpassing industry standards for responsibility and straightforwardness.
- Forbes magazine evaluated The Nature Conservancy's gathering pledges productivity at 86% in its yearly research of the biggest U.S. foundations.